Some of my notes from #mobiconsk conference.Continue reading “MobiCon — Mobile Conference [notes, mixed language: EN, SK]”
Since some Android 4+ apps build for the platform can run full screen, and since 4.4+ apps using the Immersive mode can hide the status & navbar and allow for a truly fullscreen UI.Continue reading “Android Material Design Translucent Status Bar for Hybrid Apps”
$ ionic emulate starts simulator but only the default device. There’s
--target switch but the name of the device is, let’s say hard to type.
Lets say you started new ionic
myApp project as in the ionic guide. Soon you realise the app buid/emulated for iOS, respectively the iPhone version, is locked to portrait mode only.
I’ve tried to build some test Android apps using the Ionic. And by enabling
install from other sources than Play Store, virtually anybody could install and test my app provided one has an Android device. Sending Dropbox link to a friend with Android device is a hassle-free process.
But what about iOS friends?Continue reading “Uploading Ionic Apps to use with Ionic View App”
I’m writing it 1 day later therefor it might not be all correct, but still might give a hint what to do for others (and future me).Continue reading “Building Android Apps Dependencies [needs revision]”
Basically the point is to serve as much of the page content in the first 14kB roundtrip. It’s done by inlining critical CSS and JS (I think even adding lazy loading script, polyfils, etc. can be critical JS) into the HTML.
But you want to use best-practice:Continue reading “Bootstrapping Fast Asynchronous Websites for 14 kB Roundtrip”
This is somewhat continuation of an Angular.JS templates related article.
I am not so keen of keeping two codebases for the same purpose, but I am experimenting with a new approach, where server renders the simple document using the same data, including the web-app script and serves the same data in AJAX requests of the provided web-app.Continue reading “Blazing Fast Websites by Lazy Loading Content with AJAX”
I got this crazy idea few years ago while building a REST service for one of my projects. I needed some way to represent complex errors happening deep down in the components of the service to the public.
I ended up returning
arrays with multiple keys which was really not ideal.